The IRTG is one of Prof. Dr. Hans Hagen’s most successful research projects. The Training Group finances 22 Ph.D. Students and six PostDocs. The students are provided with excellent education based on international and interdisciplinary research in the field of visualization of large and unstructured data sets. A visiting scientists program has been established where distinguished researchers from important universities and research institutes all over the world are invited to share their knowledge.
Additionally, every IRTG student spends nine months in the US, for example at UC Davis and continues to work on his project, there.
The aims of the IRTG are twofold:
- First of all, we want to provide the participating students with an excellent education based on international and interdisciplinary research and additional courses and talks given by excellent and renowned researchers.
- On the other side, we want to perform excellent interdisciplinary research in the field of the visualization of large and unstructured data sets. In implementing the IRTG according to the above goals we establish an institution that provides the brightest perspectives to our most talented students for further scientific work.
- Additional courses and talks
- Interaction with partners from different cultures
- Work in interdisciplinary teams in Germany and in the United States
- Visualization of large and unstructured data sets
- Enhancement of visualization techniques
- Cooperations with mathematics, medical science, chemical engineering…